About the Assembly
Nar-Anon Family Groups in Southern California holds a regional meeting four times a year on the second Saturday of January, April, July, and October. The purpose of the meeting is to transact the business of the region, plan for regional outreach and events, and provide resources for meetings and functions. The regional meeting is open to all interested Nar-Anon Family Groups members.
The regional meeting is usually held at the Nar-Anon Family Groups World Service Office, 23110 Crenshaw Blvd. Suite A, Torrance, CA 90505. However, other locations are sometimes used so please check in the Events section of this website to confirm the exact location for the assembly date you are interested in.
We begin with a potluck at 9:00 a.m., during which members can mingle, catch-up with each other, and make preparations. The business meeting starts promptly at 10:00 a.m. After this meeting there is a lunch break, followed by our GSR Workshop session which begins at 12:00 p.m.
Upcoming Regional Assembly
The next Regional Assembly will be held on Saturday, July 8, 2017.
The location for the July 2017 assembly is in San Clemente:
Talega Life Church
104 Calle Negocio
San Clemente, CA 92673
The relevant documents will be posted here.
Regional Assembly Archives
Below are documents related to previous Regional Assemblies.
April 8, 2017 Regional Assembly
- Agenda for April 8, 2017
- Minutes from January 14, 2017
- Attachment: 4 Region Meeting Directory
- Attachment: GSR Registration
- Attachment: Motion #1 Regarding the GLS
- Attachment: Motion #2 Regarding One Day Events
- Attachment: Proposed Motion Regarding Area Formation
- Attachment: RSC Service Positions
- Attachment: Step Study Groups in SoCal Region
January 14, 2017 Regional Assembly
- Agenda for January 14, 2017
- Minutes from October 8, 2016
- Attachment: Announcing Step Workshop for SoCal Nar-Anon
- Attachment: Convention Bakersfield 2017
- Attachment: Convention Burbank 2017
- Attachment: Proposal for Business Cards
- Attachment: Proposal for GSR Registration
- Attachment: Proposal for Recording Nar-Anon Speakers
- Attachment: Proposal for Third Step Prayer Text
- Attachment: WSC 2018 Proposed Motion for Event Planning Handbook
- Attachment: WSC 2018 Proposed Motion for GLS Sec 5
October 8, 2016 Regional Assembly
- Take Back to Group Meeting for October 8, 2016
- Agenda for October 8, 2016
- Minutes from July 9, 2016
- Attachment: GSR Registration Discussion
- Attachment: Motion for Event Planning Handbook
- Attachment: Observations on Meetings
- Attachment: Proposed Business Card
- Outreach Report October 8, 2016
- Website Report October 8, 2016
- Treasurer's Report on Region October 8, 2016
- Treasurer's Report on Narathon October 8, 2016
July 9, 2016 Regional Assembly